So, I have a funny story to share. Last night I bathed Jackson and was letting him splash around and play a bit when I hear him grunting. He was already squatting while playing with his toys and now looked up at me with serious confusion on his face. I look at him and say "Oh, I hope you're not pooping." (he has always been a vocal pooper) As I'm trying to see if the grunts were productive to my dismay and Jackson's utter horror, a floating turd made its way between his legs. Dang!
However, when Jackson spotted the intruder he flipped out! He immediately panicked with full blown tears making his way over to me to lift him out. I didn't want him to think he was in trouble or anything. So I was trying to soothe him and make it something to be proud of, you know? "Yeah! You pooped in the tub!" "Good boy! You did it!" etc, etc. As I am congratulating him about to pull him up - a floating 'intruder' started to make its way towards his leg. Not that I would want that near me either, but his reaction was clear that the intruder was dangerous and out to get him! Anyway, all this went down in a matter of seconds - he was not hanging out in a poop filled tub for all you concerned Allens out there.
So I get him out wash him again in the sink while he is balling his eyes out. Then get him dressed for bed while trying to comfort him again. I cuddled him up with his blankets and pacifier as he was clutching on to me for dear life and start singing to him. Well, apparently that was not helping either because after about 2 lines he stops crying looks up at me with a scowl on his forehead and signs "book". Surely he does not want my beautiful serenade to stop, but to be sure I say "Book?" and he verbally says "YES!"
So . . . I pulled my ego back together, grabbed a couple of books and read until he was 'safe' again.
Needless to say, his tub is sparkling clean and so are all the bath toys. Bleach is a beautiful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I laugh so hard when I think about this story!!
That is seriously FUNNY!
I can picture him clinging like a monkey.
Good mommy, way to comfort in his time of crisis.
Ha! It happens to the best of them, although I can say Alexander doesn't really seem to care!
And funny, Alexander will ask me to stop singing, too. "No momma, no sing." Or I'll ask him if he wants me to sing and he'll say "Nope." Nice. I don't compare to Ed, I guess.
Post a Comment